Neptune is the guardian of the environment. He can be as gentle as the dolphin or as violent as an earthquake.
As a Neptune, you are a natural philosopher and problem solver. While you take great pride in knowing that you have your feet firmly planted on the ground, you can also let your intuition and imagination soar, since you have the ability to see the past, present and future (in your mind’s eye). You usually appear calm, cool, and in total control, and are probably more mature than most men your age. You are forthright, sensitive, compassionate, wise, and understanding. Your enjoyment of professional autonomy and your innate sense of duty make you a superb counselor or statistician. A lover of the outdoors, you enjoy living by the water and participating in water sports, such as fishing, swimming, and boating.
- A love of history, philosophy, and nature
- Talent in planning/problem solving
- Professional independence
- An innate sense of duty
- A creative imagination
- Natural intuition
- A humanitarian father figure
- A tendency to feel frustrated
- Escapist and reckless tendencies
- An inability to release past traumas
- A vulnerability to poor health habits
- Repressed anger from inner conflicts
- Self-defeatist attitudes in relationships with most women
You can be insensitive, due to the protective shield you developed to defend yourself against an overbearing personality in early childhood, or from undue authoritative demands placed upon you as a youth. You learned how to control your sensitivity to keep the world, especially your parents, from seeing how vulnerable you felt. Because you hide your sensitive nature, however, you tend to overlook the feelings of others, realizing only too late when you have deeply hurt them.
Your tendency to hide from your emotions can have a negative effect on your body, particularly after middle age. It can create an imbalance in your thyroid system, interfering with your metabolism and your ability to rejuvenate yourself. Uncorrected, this stress-induced imbalance can speed up your aging and affect your blood pressure, nervous system, and physical agility. Refusing to acknowledge your emotional needs can even shorten your life, particularly if you use alcohol as a pacifier. Watch for the early warning signs of trouble ahead: chronic sinus headaches, tension in your neck, excessive desire for self-gratification, or waning sexual potency.
Meeting Your Creative Wellness Challenge
You need to turn your aggressiveness and strong urge to control life’s opportunities and stresses into a chance to express your true feelings. You also need to develop your intuition to become more aware of your inner feelings and the sensitivities of others. To make the most of your Apollo personality, you can
- practice Yoga or T’ai Chi
- join a church choir or a dance class
- find ways to give your emotions a healing outlet
- get involved in charity work and use your influence to set a good example for others
- participate in competitive outdoor activities that require athletic skills, especially when you can have a star role, such as football, basketball, and baseball
As you abandon your shield and use your good will to benefit others, you can make a positive difference in your world.
I acknowledge that in the past I have not been wise in handling
my health requirements, and have allowed my frustrations
with others to affect my health.
By changing my daily habits and transforming my attitude,
I create for myself a healthy body, a balanced mind, and a peaceful spirit
that assure me longevity and a fulfilling life.