The Friendly Warrior
Apollo is the truth-teller. He is both warrior-like and sensitive, and enjoys being “on stage” and entertaining others.
As an Apollo, you are a man of diplomacy who is both independent and physically strong.
You consider yourself talented and capable, and you admire the skills of others. You are ambitious, athletic, energetic, and you love to win. Your distinctive voice can mesmerize an audience and your sense of humor entertains them as well. Because of your excellent communication skills, you feel at home on stage, in a courtroom, or in an executive boardroom. You make sound judgements and usually choose a professional career that capitalizes on your intelligence and charisma.
- A natural warrior
- Good athletic skills
- Diplomacy and tact
- A good sense of humor
- Keen intellectual attributes
- Superb communication abilities
- Prone to stress-induced physical symptoms
- Insensitivity due to absent parent(s)
- A lack of understanding of inner feelings
- Escapist inclinations, including drugs/alcohol
- Disregard for the sensitivity of others
- Excessive need for self-gratification with life’s pleasures
You can be insensitive, due to the protective shield you developed to defend yourself against an overbearing personality in early childhood, or from undue authoritative demands placed upon you as a youth. You learned how to control your sensitivity to keep the world, especially your parents, from seeing how vulnerable you felt. Because you hide your sensitive nature, however, you tend to overlook the feelings of others, realizing only too late when you have deeply hurt them.
Your tendency to hide from your emotions can have a negative effect on your body, particularly after middle age. It can create an imbalance in your thyroid system, interfering with your metabolism and your ability to rejuvenate yourself. Uncorrected, this stress-induced imbalance can speed up your aging and affect your blood pressure, nervous system, and physical agility. Refusing to acknowledge your emotional needs can even shorten your life, particularly if you use alcohol as a pacifier. Watch for the early warning signs of trouble ahead: chronic sinus headaches, tension in your neck, excessive desire for self-gratification, or waning sexual potency.
Meeting Your Creative Wellness Challenge
You need to turn your aggressiveness and strong urge to control life’s opportunities and stresses into a chance to express your true feelings. You also need to develop your intuition to become more aware of your inner feelings and the sensitivities of others. To make the most of your Apollo personality, you can
- practice Yoga or T’ai Chi
- join a church choir or a dance class
- find ways to give your emotions a healing outlet
- get involved in charity work and use your influence to set a good example for others
- participate in competitive outdoor activities that require athletic skills, especially when you can have a star role, such as football, basketball, and baseball
As you abandon your shield and use your good will to benefit others, you can make a positive difference in your world.
I acknowledge that in my past I have disregarded my sensitive nature,
which has caused me to develop an imbalanced lifestyle.
I now pledge to honor my total self — body, mind, and soul as one.
Knowing this reality, I continually become more attuned to the needs of
myself and others, and bring peace, health, and harmony into my life.